Populace in the Park/Fighter practice
7:30 PM every Tuesday at Patterson Park (4200 Brookview Rd, Austin, TX 78722)
Patterson Park is located across from the Blondie Pharr Tennis Center at Airport Blvd. and Wilshire Blvd. About 1/2 mile east of I-35 on Airport Blvd., turn south onto Wilshire Blvd. We practice on the open, lighted tennis courts there. There are bathroom facilities available and a drinking fountain not too far away. Possible activities include baronial announcements, adult rapier, adult armored combat, youth rapier, youth boffer combat with instruction available in all of the above. There’s lots of socializing. Medieval/renaissance clothing welcome but definitely not required!
NOTE: The second Tuesday of each month the official Bryn Gwlad War Company practice takes place during during fighter practice.
Sunday Archery & Fighter Practice
2:00 PM every Sunday at Twin Lakes Park/Cedar Park YMCA (204 E. Little Elm Trail, Cedar Park, Texas 78613)
From 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Twin Lakes Park in Cedar Park (near 183A and 620).
There is always archery, usually rapier and occasionally youth chivalric or chivalric fighting.
If you're coming up 183 (Research Blvd) from the south:
- Get off 183 at the Lakeline Mall Road exit. This is the last free exit before the TxTag only toll booth.
- Take the northbound access road to the third stoplight. This will be Avery Ranch Road.
- Turn left on Avery Ranch Road under the toll road. DO NOT GO STRAIGHT. This would put you back on the toll road.
- Immediately turn right onto 183 (not 183A).
- The entrance to Twin Lakes Park is E. Little Elm Trail, at the first stoplight. Turn right and enter the parking lot in front of the YMCA building.
- Go to the far corner of the parking lot.
- Take the small park road along the lake and across the one-lane bridge. Go past the clump of buildings and park in the unpaved parking lot past the last building.
If you're coming across Toll Road 45:
- Take the 183/183A Northbound exit.
- Immediately get off at Avery Ranch Road (you will miss the TxTag toll booth).
- Turn left under the toll road. Follow the directions above.
If you're coming from Round Rock via 620:
- Turn right onto the northbound 183/183A access road.
- The first light is Lakeline Mall Road. Follow the directions above.
7:00 PM on the second Monday of every month at the Terrazas branch of the Austin Public Library (1105 E. Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702)
Business meetings are where the officers give their reports, bids on events are proposed and accepted, and any other discussions take place about things that affect the Barony.
Business meeting is a good place to go if you want to volunteer, learn details about how the Barony operates, and just generally have an idea of the workings of the group.
Afterwards people frequently get together at a restaurant to socialize.
SCA Inc - Barony of Bryn Gwlad
PO Box 141834
Austin, TX 78714-1834